How to add an image to the Sidebar
I would like to add an image to the Sidebar. How can I do this?
Unfortunately WordPress does not make it as easy as one would think to add an image to the sidebar.
You can use the following free plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/image-widget/
Or use the following steps which apply to WordPress in general – regardless of what theme you are using.
1) Log into WordPress
2) Click on “Media” -> “Add New”
3) Upload your image – make sure the image is not wider then 260px as this is the width of the sidebar.
4) Copy the image URL generated by WordPress
5) Click on “Appearance” -> “Widgets”
6) Drag a “Text” Widget into a sidebar area of choice.
7) Paste your image URL from step 4
8) Add the following to your image URL
Optional 9) Add the following to link the image
Instructional Video on how to add a sidebar image: